Friday, January 19, 2007

Life At Siruseri-2

Recharge Chargin
The recharge show's up. This is about the first recharge for my mobile at Siruseri. Well, this journey also begins on a hot and sultry afternoon after having a sumptuous lunch. It's been 3 days since the balance on my mobile fell to 0.11 rupees. Finally, I had to recharge due to the orders from my house. This time I did not want to go on a bicycle as I thought I found some shop just outside SIPCOT. So, I walked out and went to the street and found all the shops closed. I finally found a shop which was jus about to close and walked to the shopkeeper to ask about the information about the availability of a place to recharge my mobile. So, he suggested Navalur. Hence I walked along (i have a knowledge about the distance ... after my first experience).
My disastrous fate did not leave me yet ..... the two shops which offer recharge were shut down on the occasion of Kaanum Pongal ( i rarely realize the dates of festivals unless it's a holiday).

Hence I was suggested to go to Shozhinganallur (the same place where I found the bank). This time, I relapsed my stupid ideas and took an MTC bus and reached the place. I searched 3 shops and finally got it recharged. Success...at last. I went to the bus stop to take a bus to the SIPCOT gate. Only after I got into the bus did I realize that I had no change and had money with least denomination at 50 rupees. The conductor shot at me look of utmost contempt and gave me 9 coins of 5 rupees each. That's almost as heavy 200+ gms. So, you should have seen the look on my face at that moment...even I smiled at myself imagining of that situation after coming back to the hostel.
But there's another thing that happened on the bus. A highly amusing moment. The bus conductor gave the person sitting beside me change for 100Rs. in 10 Rs. notes which he could as well have done with me rather than giving me the coins. (that what is the adverse effect of not having proper change for the ticket on bus).


2 comments:

Nivedita said...

haha..
what are you complaining about?The conductor shooting a contemptuous glance??thats like the standard look.
if he had been a meanie he would have taken the 5o rupee note and given you a five ruppee ticket and forgotten abt the change :-D

Ravitej said...
This comment has been removed by the author.